Friday, August 22, 2014

Grateful for you....

Hi there stampers!
Yes, I am grateful for you... and grateful that it's Friday too!  I don't have any special plans for the weekend, but that's kind of nice because now I can do whatever I want.  I can do something spontaneous, or not.  I enjoy an unstructured weekend once in a while and I hope you'll get to enjoy some unstructured time too.  I think most of us lead over-scheduled lives. We're so busy doing all the time that we forget how to just "be."

Here's the fall card that I promised you on Wednesday.  I love how it turned out and I hope you will too!



The stamp set is called For All Things (as in "give thanks for all things.") You can see it on page 41 of the holiday catalog.  I stamped the artsy rectangle in So Saffron, then stamped the leaves over it in Early Espresso.  I matted the focal panel on some Cajun Craze card stock.  The base of my card is Very Vanilla, topped with a wood-grain textured panel of Early Espresso.  The burlap ribbon adds more texture.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set and is stamped in Early Espresso and then punched out with the Wide Oval punch.  An Early Espresso button threaded with Linen Thread adds a bit more interest.  Wouldn't this be a perfect card to send to friends and family in November, when we're counting our blessings?  It would be suitable for a man or woman, boy or girl.
Whatever you end up doing this weekend, remember to take a few minutes of your time to create something beautiful.  You'll feel refreshed and renewed!
Happy weekend to all!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment