Friday, August 15, 2014

Here we are... 44 years later!

Hey there stampers!  Happy Friday!

You know how I love sunshine, but lately I've been loving the slightly cooler temperatures--- so nice to go to sleep in the cool.  I hate having to keep the house closed up and the a/c running all night, so I'm definitely a happy camper since I can open up the house and let the cool breezes in.  Hope you are enjoying the cool too!

Forty-four years ago today, August 15th, 1970 John and I were married at First Presbyterian Church in Santa Rosa, California.  I was 23 and John was 26 and we thought we were quite mature.  Looking back, it is laughable because I don't think either of us were anything approaching mature.  Oh well, life has a way of taking care of that, doesn't it?  Today we are off to Eugene to visit the King Estate Winery.  We've been wanting to make the trip for a couple of years and have just never found the time, so today we are making the time.  We'll take a tour, taste, and then treat ourselves to a delicious lunch in their dining room.

On Saturday, the twins turn 5, which seems unbelievable.  It seems like they were born just a couple of years ago.  They are growing by leaps and bounds and they certainly keep their parents and grandparents on their toes.  Here are the cards I made to celebrate their 5th birthdays




Luke William gets the green version, white Benjamin Isaac gets the blue card.  Hope their mom will save the cards I make!  The colors are Old Olive and Pacific Point.  The smiley octopus is from the Sea Street stamp set.  The sentiment is from Remembering Your Birthday.  I like this set because it has a greeting for the outside and then a saying for the inside as well. I used the Tiny Triangles embossing folder to give a little texture.

I'm excited for my Flower Fiesta event that is coming up on Saturday, August 16th at 1 o'clock at my house. It's going to be a fun afternoon of stamping, fun, friendship, and food.  And then on Sunday I'll be traveling to Northeast Portland to Shirley's house for her annual lunch and card party.  It is always fun to reconnect with her and her family, friends, and neighbors!  I designed a pretty card for her party that says "late summer" to me.  I'll be showing it to you on Monday, so please come back then for more stamping inspiration.
Have a relaxing weekend, everyone!
Susan

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you and John! It's a long time to have been together and I congratulate you both!!

    ReplyDelete