Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Be You (tiful)

Hello stampin' peeps!  Hope everyone is feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this fineWednesday morning.

Thanks for coming back to see what I've got to show you today. I hope you've signed up for my Flower Fiesta that is coming up on Saturday August 16th at 1 o'clock in the afternoon at my house.  If your name is not on the list, send me a quick email and I'll make sure to save a spot for you.

Here's just one of the pretty flowery cards you'll make that day...



With the summer just flying by, I thought we should be stamping in bright summery colors, because soon fall will arrive and we're going to want to switch our color palette to the richer, warmer tones of autumn.  So this card is my nod to summer.  Let's stamp with these light and bright colors as much as possible while summer lasts.  The colors I used are Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Blushing Bride, and Daffodil Delight.  The flower was made with two different punches... the Blossom Punch and the Fun Flower Punch.
The stamps are from the Flower Patch photopolymer stamp set on page 158.  If you haven't tried this type of stamp yet, give them a try.  They stick to the blocks amazingly well.  There's no chance of them falling off at all.  When doing two-step stamping like this, the completely clear stamps make it so easy to line up the images... no Stamp-a-ma-jig needed!

For those of you who are hard at work today, take comfort in the fact that you're over the hump and on the downhill slide into another fun summer weekend.  Have a great Wednesday and don't forget to come back on Friday for another pretty Flower Fiesta card.
Do something creative today!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment