Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Let's Celebrate

Hey there stampers!
Thanks for joining me on this beautiful sunny summer Wednesday.  Wish I didn't have to go to the dentist today, but on second thought, I guess I should be feeling happy that I get to visit the dentist.  How many people in this world endure terrible pain from decaying and/or broken teeth?  More than I want to think about!  So with that thought in mind, I'll happily go to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned this morning.

I've been working on Big Shot projects for my Technique Geeks class that is coming up on Friday, August 8th at 7 pm at my house.  So far I have a pretty card and a fun french fry box made.  Today I'll be working on the second card, a great design that I saw at convention.  I'll show it to you soon, but first I have to make it!

Today I want to show you a card that's made with the new Striped Scallop Thinlit die that's in the lower left-hand corner of page 228 in the new annual catalog.  There are several tricks to using this new thinlit, which I'll be sharing with you at the class.  Take a peek and let me know if you like it.




This class is built around new items for the Big Shot, so I thought a card using this new background thinlit,
the new Flower Fair Framelits, plus the Banner Framelit dies would make for a very Big Shot-intensive card that will keep everyone busy turning that crank!  The colors I used are Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, and Old Olive.  The sentiment is from "Sumthin' Sumthin'" on page 8 of the new annual catalog.

I'd love it if you could join me for this class.  I'm hoping that Friday night will work for some of you.  My daughter and her little girls will be visiting next week from California, so I needed to move the Technique Geeks class from Thursday night to Friday night, as they are leaving Friday afternoon. It just would not have worked to be holding a class while we have family visiting. Please check your inbox for the evite I sent for this class.  I would appreciate a response very much!

Have a great Wednesday and I'll hope to see you back here on Friday when I'll show you the cute little
French Fry box.

Oh, one more thing... tomorrow (July 31st) is the last day for the Buy 3, get one free offer on Designer Paper.  This offer is good for the $10.95 packs of DSP only, but what a nice deal!  And of course you don't pay shipping on the 4th package either.  It is entirely free!

Choose Happiness!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment