Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Oops! There go your socks!

Hello again my stamping buddies!

Thanks for stopping by this hot Wednesday!  Maybe if we think about Christmas, it'll make us feel a bit cooler.  On Monday I said that I'd have a fun Christmas card for you today that will knock your socks off, so hopefully when you take a look at this, you'll feel your socks (if you're wearing any) start to take flight.  Here it is...




This cute door card is not difficult to make, but there are quite a few steps.  I made the base of the card a bit narrower than usual at 4 inches wide instead of 4 1/4. The square panels at the top of the door are 1 3/8 inches and then the rectangular panels are 1 3/8 by 3 1/4.  I used Cherry Cobbler card stock for the door and sponged around all of the panels with Cherry Cobbler ink to give them a bit more dimension.  The doorknob is one of the Glimmer Brads that were on the Clearance Rack.  Unfortunately, they are gone now, but you could also use one of the smaller Antique Brads on page 209 for a pretty doorknob.
The wreath was stamped on Whisper White in Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler.  For the first layer, I stamped off the Old Olive to get a lighter tone.  Then the second layer I stamped with full strength Old Olive.  Last, I stamped the berries in Cherry Cobbler.  Then I lined up the matching framelits on the inside and outside of the wreath and cut both the outer and inner circles at the same time.  The bow is also stamped in Cherry Cobbler and cut out with the matching framelit.
I have to say that this photo doesn't really capture how cute this card is.  It is so much better "in real life."
If you didn't look at the Weekly Deals yesterday (Tuesday), be sure to click on the Weekly Deals button at the top of my blog while you're here today.  You just never know what you'll find on sale!
Have a great Wednesday and be sure to come back on Friday for another classic card.
Oh, and don't forget... the new Holiday Catalog goes live at noon on Thursday, August 28th, so if there's something you need right away, click on the "shop now" button after noon on Thursday.
Happy stamping, everyone!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment