Monday, July 28, 2014

Sunny Monday

Hello there stampers!
Thanks for stopping in this sunny Monday!  As you might have guessed, I've got a simple and sunny card for you today, to go with our wonderful weather.  We made this cute and quick card at Marilyn and Joan's party on Saturday and I thought you'd like it too.
Check it out...



I saw a similar card on the blog memystampsandi.blogspot.com and thought I'd case it.  Of course I ended up changing a few things, like the colors and the ribbon.   I used the new photopolymer set called Flower Patch, which you can see on page 136 of the annual catalog.  Although this set has plenty of large blossoms, I chose to use one of the smallest blooms and its corresponding stem.  Daffodil Delight card stock gives this card a happy disposition and the Mossy Meadow is a nice contrast to the yellow.  I had fun using my Fringe scissors to create the grass that the flowers are springing out of.  The saying is from the same set as well.  I used the very versatile Decorative Dots embossing folder to add a bit of texture and extra interest, along with some of the new 1/4 inch cotton ribbon in Daffodil Delight.  If you haven't tried this ribbon yet, please do.  It is soft and pliable and easily tied. Best of all, it comes in 12 popular Stampin'Up! colors and is only $5.95 for a 10 yard roll.  That's a great buy!

Thanks for coming by today! Let's meet up again on Wednesday, when I'll have another card that will inspire you to get out your stampin' stuff!
Hugs and Happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment