Friday, July 11, 2014

Simple and Sunny

Yippee!  It's Friday and it's sunny!  Are you getting into the summer groove yet?  I've been to the splash park with the grandchildren, I've eaten corn on the cob and watermelon, I've been to the Farmer's Market, and we've been eating dinner on the patio.  Things I haven't done yet:  berry-picking and outdoor concerts, but those things will happen soon, I hope.  Summer in Oregon is the best!

To go along with a sunny day, I've got a simple and sunny card for you.  This is one of the designs that I made in quantity to swap at convention, which is coming up in just a few days.



I used the new All Abloom Designer Series Paper Stack on page 185 of the new catalog.  I just love the fun and flowery papers in this collection.  I used the Flower Shop stamp set (a carryover from last year's catalog) and the Pansy Punch to make the sweet two-layered flower.  Some Mossy Meadow card stock accents the center of the flower and provides a nice horizontal element to the card.  I colored a pearl with my new Blendabilities alcohol marker in Daffodil Delight to match the Daffodil Delight card stock. The sentiment is from the very versatile And Many More stamp set, shown on page 20 of the annual catalog.  With 23 sayings, this stamp set belongs in every stamper's collection.

What are your plans for the upcoming sunny summer weekend?  I'm excited that I have a full house for my annual Birthday Bash on Saturday at 1 o'clock.  After that, I'll be packing my suitcase in preparation for take-off on Wednesday the 16th, when I'm Salt Lake City-bound for the Stampin'Up! convention.  It is always so much fun and definitely one of the highlights of my summer.

Hope your Friday is a happy one and leads right into a wonderfully relaxing weekend.  Enjoy all that summer has to offer... it won't be here long!
See you on Monday for more stamping inspiration!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment