Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Technique Geeks Rule!

Hello again and welcome back to the Classic Card!

I've got another "geeky" card for you today--- one that we'll be making at the first meeting of the Technique Geeks on Thursday night.  While not a new and revolutionary technique, I hope making this card will serve to remind everyone how awesome clear embossing on darker card stock can look.  In fact, the darker the card stock, the more impressive the card!

I've fallen in love with some of the new In-Colors and I've featured them on this card... Hello Honey and Mossy Meadow.  In my humble opinion, they are quite striking together.  Take a look and tell me that you agree...



Of course, the photo doesn't do justice to the shiny gleam of the clear embossing on the Hello Honey card stock.  Nor can you see the glossy goodness of the Early Espresso embossing on the birds and nest.  When you see this card "in real life," you'll love it!  The wood texture on the half-oval, the sponging around the edges, and the new cotton ribbon in Early Espresso all combine to give the card a nice natural look.  This neutral card could be used for almost any occasion-- birthday, anniversary, sympathy, get well, etc. and would be equally appropriate for a man or a woman.  The bird/nest silhouette is from the new stamp set
World of Dreams on page 127 of the new catalog.  There are four different silhouettes and two great sentiments in this set.  When I first  laid eyes on this set, I knew it was a must-have for me, as I love the look of a dark silhouette over a stamped or sponged background.
There are still two open spots left for Thursday night, July 10th at my house, so if you'd like to attend, please send me a quick email and I'll add your name to the list!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs and Happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment