Friday, July 25, 2014

Choose Happiness

Hip Hip Hooray for Friday!

It looks like we've made it through another week!  I wish there was a way we could slow things down, though.  Summer is going by much too quickly to suit me.  I want to drag it out as long as possible... how about you?  Are you a fan of summer like me?

One of my favorite quotes goes like this..." We tend to seek happiness, when happiness is actually a choice."
Isn't it good to know that we don't have to go hunt out happiness, like some kind of hidden treasure?  We just have to choose happiness.  Of course sometimes that's easier said than done.  But knowing that our happiness is up to us and that we can make a conscious choice to be happy is empowering.
Here's another happiness quote that's a favorite of mine:
" I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be, for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances."  Martha Washington. What a wise woman she was!


By now I suppose you might be wondering why I'm focusing on choosing happiness.  Well, that's because the card I'm going to show you right now has the sentiment "Choose Happiness."  Here it is...




Some of you probably know that I'm a stamper who loves the collage look... where images are combined and stamped on top of each other to make a sort of collage.  For this card, I started by stamping the Dictionary Background stamp in Crumb Cake on a panel of Very Vanilla.  Then, using images from the  Choose Happiness stamp set (page 118) I stamped over the dictionary page in three of the new In-Colors--
Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow, and Lost Lagoon.  I tried to stamp randomly, to avoid straight lines.  I made sure to have some of the images going off the edge of the paper, which helps the stamping look more random.  I stamped the sentiment in Lost Lagoon and then punched it out with the Artisan Label punch (page 220).  I love the new In-Color stitched satin ribbon this year and I love how this Lost Lagoon ribbon looks on this card.

I hope you've got some fun plans for the weekend!  I'm looking forward to stamping with Marilyn and Joan at their stamping party on Saturday at 1 o'clock at my house.
Thanks for reading along with my blog!
Happy week-ending, everyone!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment