Monday, July 7, 2014

Technique Geeks

Hello Stampers and Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a safe and fairly sane 4th of July celebration!  Now that we have the holiday weekend behind us, we can get back into our regular routine and for me that means blogging, working on cards for upcoming classes and events, and going to Curves.  I've got waaay too many curves, most of them in the wrong places, so back to the workouts I go!

I'd love for you to join in my new Thursday night summer stamping classes called Technique Geeks.  The dates are July 10th and 24th and August 7th and 21st.  Each class will focus on a different technique. The classes start at 7pm and are $10, or free with a $30 purchase.  This Thursday the 10th is all about heat embossing.  Here's one of the cards we'll be making on Thursday...



For this card, I heat-embossed white vellum card stock with white embossing powder.  This gives a nice frosty look to the flowers.  With as hot as it is outside, I welcome anything frosty!  I used the new stamp set Beautiful Bunch for the large flower, then punched it out with the new Fun Flower punch.  The smaller flowers are from the set Flower Shop and were punched out with the Pansy Punch. The flower centers are punched from Brushed Gold card stock and there's a thin mat of the Brushed Gold around the focal panel which was embossed with the Fancy Fan embossing folder. I stepped things up a bit with the white organza ribbon and the pearls.  Wouldn't this be a great wedding or anniversary card?  And of course this layout would be great to use with flowers of any color.
Now, if you'll pardon me, I'm going to drive down to Curves and get that workout over with.  Have a good Monday, everyone!  Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs and Happiness,
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment