Monday, June 2, 2014

Today's a BIG Day!!!

Hello Stampers!  Happy Monday and Happy June!  It won't be long now until sunny weather is here to stay for more than a few days at a time.  Yay!

Today's the day that stampers all over the US and Canada have been waiting for!  Today is the day that the new Stampin'Up! catalog goes live at noon Mountain Time... 11 am our time.  You can be sure that shortly after 11 am I'll be on the SU! site, placing my first order from this great new catalog.  I've got several swaps that I'm participating in for the Stampin'Up! Convention in July and I need to get started, as time tends to get away from me.  I don't want to be one of those demonstrators who's madly trying to assemble swaps on the plane or late at night in the hotel room.  Those who know me well know that I'm a big fan of being organized and getting things done ahead of schedule.  No last-minute drama for me!  In fact, drama of any kind is just not my thing.  Life has enough unavoidable crises, without any of us manufacturing more of them.

I'm looking forward to getting my new goodies so I can show you some cards made with NEW stamps, paper, and accessories.  But until I do, I'm stuck showing you cards made with items from stuff I already own.  I've got a super simple card for you today, but love its bright and happy colors.  I made this for a friend who recently underwent emergency surgery and I wanted her to have something cheery to let her know I'm thinking of her.



Cards don't get much simpler than this!  I used a card base of Daffodil Delight, then added a Whisper White panel matted with a panel of Melon Mambo.  I used some Washi tape from the Retro Fresh Collection in Coastal Cabana (page 190 of the new catalog), then stamped flowers in Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana, and Daffodil Delight with the Flower Shop stamp set and punched them out with the Pansy Punch.  The sentiment was stamped in Melon Mambo with a sentiment from A Dozen Thoughts (page 108 of the new catalog).

Well, stamping friends, I'm off to place my order!  Please come back on Wednesday when I hope to have a card made with a new stamp set.  Thanks for visiting with me today!
Hope your week is off to a great start!
Hugs and Happy Stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment