Friday, May 30, 2014

More Inspiration

Hey there!  Happy Friday to my stampin' friends!

That darn weatherman changed our forecast yet again!  On Wednesday, he said it would be 81 on Friday... now he's saying 77 and partly cloudy for Friday and it's going to be partly cloudy again on Saturday.  It looks like we'll have to wait until Tuesday to hit the 80's.  Oh well, I can be patient.  All I want to do is to sit in the sun for a few minutes.  Is that too much to ask?

I'm busy playing with a couple of new stamp sets and some new colors, getting ready for my New Catalog Kick-Off next Saturday, June 7th.  I've got two sessions available.  The morning session is from 10 am to about noon and the afternoon session starts at 1 pm and goes until about 3pm.  I've got 1 spot left in the morning and two in the afternoon, so if you'd like to come over and play with new goodies, just let me know and I'll save you a spot!  This event is free and you'll go home with two great cards.  You can also pick up your new catalog that day, if you don't already have one.

OK, I know you came here to see some cards, so let's get to it, shall we?  Here are more fun cards from the recent Stampin'Up! Grand Vacation.



This cute card was made by Susie Wood from Sigourney, Iowa.  The colors are Rich Razzleberry, Smoky Slate,and Whisper White.  The stamp set is called Work of Art and it is one set that you'll be seeing a lot.  This was the set that all demonstrators across the US and Canada received at the new catalog premiere that was held at movie theaters in 39 different cities.  Since over 700 demonstrators attended this event,  there are many, many sample made with this fun new set.



I just love this great chalkboard image that's in the new catalog.  It is a single stamp called Friends Who Know.  In case you can't read all the words, it says "We'll be friends forever, because you already know too much."  I'm sure we all have a few friends like that, if we're lucky.  Friends who know us too well, but love us, warts and all.  This is another card with no name on it, but I believe it was made by Genevieve Ko, a fun and friendly Canadian demonstrator.



What a great design for a note card, made by Dina Rekow.  I love how she used a piece of burlap ribbon as a square element behind the punched flowers.  I have often used a stamped square as a background for a stamped image, but this adds texture and dimension to the design.  The little punched flowers are made with the Petite Petals stamp set and matching punch and the smaller flower in the center is made with a new punch in the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack that you can see on page 222 of your new catalog, if you have one.

Well, stampers, that's it for today.  I hope you're in a Friday mood.... relaxed and ready for the weekend!
And may you find a few minutes of "me time" when you'll be able to create something pretty.  There's nothing like a little creative time to restore your sanity and perspective.  Remember the Mary Engelbreit saying..."Arts and crafts keep you sane."
And believe me, in this crazy, crazy world we need all the sane people we can get!
Happy weekending, everyone!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment