Monday, June 16, 2014

Quick Art

Hi there Stampers!

Golly!  How did it get to be Monday so quickly??  I blinked and the weekend was gone!  Saturday and Sunday seem to go by so much more quickly than the rest of the week.  I guess we must be having too much fun.

I want to show you the card we made at Barbara's party on Saturday.  I categorize this card as "art in l0 minutes" because I think it's artsy, yet so very quick to create.  With the help of the Work of Art stamp set (page 165) you can easily create this card in 10 minutes or less.  Check it out...



The colors I used for the swoosh and puddles are Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzazz, and Pool Party.  The large Thank You is called Watercolor Thank You (page 146).  I cut the ovals with my Ovals Collection Framelits  (page 231).  I embossed the front of the card with the Decorative Dots embossing folder (page 226).
For the sweet flower embellishment, I stamped two flowers from the Flower Shop set (page67) in Lost Lagoon ink on Lost Lagoon card stock and punched them out with the Pansy Punch (page219). If you want a more masculine thank you, use the woodgrain embossing folder (page 227) instead of the dots and leave off the flower.

Note to those waiting for their very own Work of Art stamp set... the back order report now says that they'll begin shipping on June 17th.  Thank you, everyone, for your patience.  This set is definitely worth waiting for!

Thanks for taking time out of your busy Monday to visit my blog.  I've got another fun card for you on Wednesday, so please come back!
Hugs and Happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment