Friday, June 20, 2014

Photopolymer Fun

Hi there, stampin' peeps!

Hope your Friday is off to a satisfactory start!  If not, why not sit down and have another cup of coffee while you read my ramblings for today??  OK.... before I get too far into this post, I have a confession to make.  I kind of hate to admit it, but I'm not an overly adventurous person.  I tend to lean toward the tried-and-true and I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon when a new product is introduced.  So when Stampin'Up! came out with the Big Shot, I foolishly thought "Why would I buy that when I've got background stamps?"  It didn't take too long before I realized all of the great things the Big Shot can do and now I'm the owner of two Big Shots.  What was I thinking back then?  I was just being my normally overly-cautious self, I guess.

The same thing happened when Stampin'Up! came out with photopolymer stamp sets.  I had tried this type of stamp before and I didn't like them at all.  Even though they are perfectly clear, which definitely makes them super-easy to use, I didn't care for them because I found them stiff and brittle and I didn't think they gave a good clean, crisp impression.  I finally broke down recently and tried Stampin'Up!'s version of photo-polymer stamps and once again, I feel a little foolish that I stubbornly refused to try them for so long.

Here is what you'll find to be true about Stampin'Up!'s photopolymer stamps:

Like all Stampin'Up! products, this is made with a high-quality material.
These stamps are "squishy" enough to make a good, crisp impression, similar to a red rubber stamp, which is the Cadillac of stamps. They are nothing like the cheap-o ones you can get at craft stores.
They come on a clear sheet which has the images printed in black.  The stamps are already trimmed and there is no work involved in using them for the first time.  Just peel them off the sheet and adhere them to your clear block.
One of the big advantages of these stamps is that they CLING to the blocks like you won't believe!  There is not a chance in the world of them falling off as you are stamping.
Another great thing about these stamps is the price... significantly lower than either the clear mount or wood mount stamp sets.  You get a lot of stamps for the money when you purchase photopolymer stamps.

Have I convinced you to try them?  Right now Stampin'Up! is offering a great stamp set called Endless Wishes.  It is a birthday set with many words that you can mix and match to make all sorts of sayings.
There's also a sweet birthday cake.  Here's a card I made last night using this fun set.



I used quite a few new products on this card--- new Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey card stock, new Lost Lagoon stitched satin ribbon, and a sheet from the new Moonlight paper stack (page 185 of the new catalog).  This is one of the 4 1/2 by 6 1/2 inch paper stacks and sells for just 6.95.  To color the cake, I used my Hello Honey and Lost Lagoon stamp pads.  I did the old "squeeze the lid into the pad" trick and then picked up the color from inside the lid with a blender pen and then colored the cake.  So easy and quick.  When you want to change colors, just scribble with the pen until the liquid comes out clear again, then switch to a new color.
The Endless Wishes stamp set has been so popular that the first "run" sold out and Stampin'Up! turned the number off so no one could order it.  The back order report says that this great set should be available again on June 17th, so hopefully you'll be able to order one of these sets now.  The price for the set is just $13.95... so much bang for your buck!  No wonder it sold out so quickly!
Have a great Friday and a wonderfully relaxing weekend.  If you'll take a few minutes out to stamp something pretty, I know you'll be a happier person!
Stamps and smiles go together like peanut butter and jelly!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment