Friday, June 13, 2014

Let's Keep the Sunshine Coming!

Hi there stampers!

Whoop-de-do!  It's Friday and for many kiddos, the first (or maybe second) day of Summer Vacation!
Do you remember that last-day-of-school feeling of release as you skipped out of the school yard in your white saddle oxfords? My mom, a sensible mother (who was also a no-nonsense teacher) insisted that I wear saddle oxfords to school.  I think I wore those big clunkers until I was in the eighth grade.  Thankfully, once I hit high school I was allowed to wear something a little more stylish.  But nearly every night of my elementary school career I could be found polishing my white leather oxfords.  By the time they were worn out, the polish was so thick that the shoes looked one size larger (just kidding!).  How I hated those shoes!  To this day, I still hate white shoes.  I don't care if it's OK to wear white shoes after Memorial Day, but not after Labor Day.  You won't catch me wearing white shoes. Ever.

I think we were all getting a bit spoiled by the great weather we've had the last several weeks and now we're getting a little dose of reality.  But really, we do need the rain, so let's pull up our socks and deal with it, OK? To keep a little bit of sunshine in our day, I've got a card that has some sunny flowers on it that I'm going to share with you right now---



I used the new Hello Honey card stock for the flowers, and stamped them in Hello Honey as well.  I was hoping that these would look a little like Rudbeckia, also known as Brown-Eyed Susans. I love this new color... so warm and sunny.  I used Early Espresso for the centers.  The sentiment is from the new stamp set "Choose Happiness" on page 118 of the new annual catalog.  If you've got a new catalog, please check out this great set.  If you don't have a catalog, please let me know.  I'd be happy to make sure you get one.  I used another new In-color, Mossy Meadow, for the background and embossed it with the oh-so-popular Decorative Dots embossing folder.  The sentiment was stamped on Hello Honey with Early Espresso ink and then punched out with the Label Bracket punch on page 220.  Oh, and for a nice horizontal element, I used some of the smooth and silky Stitched Satin ribbon in Hello Honey.

Hope today will bring your work week to a satisfactory close and that you'll enjoy a relaxing, if somewhat soggy weekend.  Don't forget to make the guys in your life a Father's Day card.  He doesn't have to be YOUR father... just somebody's father.  Father, Mother, Aunt, Sister, Brother, etc.--- we all enjoy being recognized for the roles we play in the life of our families.
Please come back on Monday for more stamping inspiration!

Hugs and Happiness!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment