Monday, June 30, 2014

It's a cupcake kind of day!

Hello stampers and a happy sunny Monday to all!

Today really IS a cupcake kind of day!  It is my first grandchild's birthday!  Little Emma Jane arrived 8 years ago today, weighing just 3 pounds.  She was 2 1/2 months early and spent the first 10 weeks of her life in the NICU.  But seeing her at age 8, you'd never guess she was a preemie.  She's tall and strong and smart!  We're so thankful that she's a normal kiddo, after a rather rocky start.

In honor of Emma's birthday, here's a fun cupcake card made with the new stamp set called Cupcake Party (page 58 of the new catalog).


Doesn't this color combination remind you of Neapolitan ice cream?  I used Whisper White with Pink Pirouette and Crumb Cake.  I love the new Large Polka Dot embossing folder and the new Striped Grosgrain ribbon in Crumb Cake too. I stamped the cupcake "frosting" on Pink Pirouette card stock with Pink Pirouette ink and stamped the cupcake bottom with Crumb cake ink on Crumb Cake card stock.Then I punched the cupcake pieces out with the Cupcake Builder punch (page 223).  I think the sparkly little cherry on top (punched from Silver Glimmer Paper) is the perfect finishing touch.    I love the sentiments in this set as well, especially this one... "It's a cupcake kind of day."  Only around here it's going to be a cake kind of day, as I'll be whipping up a chocolate layer cake with chocolate frosting for Emma's celebration.

Even if your day isn't full of chocolate cake, I hope you'll still have a sweet Monday!  Please come back on Wednesday for another classic card.  Before I leave you, here's a quotation I came across that I really liked. I thought it was a good reminder to those of us who are growing older and perhaps becoming a little too set in our ways.  "I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief."  Gerry Spence
Hugs and Happiness!
Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment