Friday, June 6, 2014

Sunny Friday!

Hello stampers!
Well, my box of goodies showed up on Wednesday, just before 10:30 am, which is when UPS said the box would be delivered.  I've been spending quite a bit of time up here in my stamp room, and I'm happy to report that my mail-in swap for convention is almost finished.  Everything is cut, scored, stamped, and embossed.  Now I just have to assemble, which shouldn't take too much time.

Knowing how I love sunshine, it won't surprise you that I picked  "Ray of Sunshine" as my set for this swap.  You can see this great set on page 159 of your new catalog.  Of course I love the sun image with the artsy face, but my favorite thing about this set are the sayings... especially this one:  "Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you."  Walt Whitman   I just love that quote!  It's one of my all-time favorites. The other great saying in this set is "Wherever  you go, no matter the weather, always bring your own sunshine---"  good advice indeed!

OK, I guess you're probably ready to see the card now, so here it is---



The colors I used are Early Espresso and the new Hello Honey.  I also used the new-ish Arrows embossing folder and the new Hello Honey Stitched Satin ribbon.  The sentiment is also part of this wonderful stamp set.  I used one of the Starburst Framelits to make a little mat for the sentiment.  Since the focal image is matted, I thought the saying needed a mat as well.

I hope this card adds a bit of sunshiny warmth to your Friday, but the weather has been so wonderfully sunny lately that we don't need to rely on sunny cards to boost our moods.  Hasn't that been a welcome change?

Have a great Friday and an even more wonderful weekend!  Enjoy the sunshine and don't forget to come back on Monday to see more new stampin' stuff!
Happy Stamping, everyone!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment