Monday, June 9, 2014

A new card for a new week

Hi there stamping friends!

I hope your Monday is getting off to a happy start.  The weekend weather was certainly perfect, wasn't it?  I'd almost forgotten how nice it is to sit on the porch and drink a cup of coffee before tackling all the "to-do's" on my list.  It was a busy but productive weekend around here and I'm happy to report that the first batch of convention swaps are ready to be mailed off today.  I had a super Saturday with 26 of my wonderful customers who attended my New Catalog Kick-Off.  We had a great time making some pretty cards with new products and I'll be sharing those cards with you later in the week.

But today I want to let you know about a fun and free mini-class that is coming up on Saturday, June 28th at 10:30 am at my house.  It is a Fun Folds class and you'll learn how to make 2 cards with different folds.  I don't know about you, but I get into a rut with my cards and tend to make cards that open in the usual "fold on the left" way.  If you are in that rut with me, perhaps you'd like to learn something new to relieve your boredom!  Of course you'll go home with the easy directions so you can make more of these fun cards.

Here's one of the cards you'll make on the 28th...

This is called a Squash card, because of the way it squashes together when it is folded up.   Here's a photo of the inside when it is opened up.



I've used the gorgeous new Blackberry Bliss card stock for the base of the card.  The printed paper on the front is from the Moonlight paper stack on page 185 of your new catalog.  The stamp set is called So Very Happy ( page 55 of the new catalog).  I also used some of the warm and beautiful Hello Honey card stock for the flower on the front and some matching Hello Honey stitched satin ribbon to tie the card closed.

If you'd like to join me for this mini-class, please email me or give me a call.  I think it will fill up quickly, so let me know if you'd like me to save you a spot.

May your week ahead be a good one!  Please come back on Wednesday and I'll show you another fun fold card.
Hugs and Happiness!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment