Monday, June 23, 2014

In Love with Flower Pot


Hi there and a happy Monday to all!
 These Mondays just keep blipping by at warp speed and here we are, almost at the end of June and it seems like June just arrived.  If only there was some way we could drag our feet and slow down the passage of time!  Would you be willing to help me do that, if it was a possibility?  Do you remember how summer used to last seemingly forever when you were a child?  Day after day after day, time moved in slow motion and it seemed like summer would never end.  Ahh, those were the days!

Speaking of summer, my very favorite season, let me put in a good word for Stampin'Up!'s new Designer Paper called Flower Pot.  The colors and patterns in this paper just scream "summer!"  Yellows and pinks and greens and blues in patterns that are perfect for summery cards.  I ordered one package, but think I need several more.  Check the product out on page 186 of your new catalog.

Now that I've hyped the product, I guess it would only be fair to show you a card made with it, so here it is...



I loved the touch of Night of Navy in this particular pattern, so I used Night of Navy as the card base and for the mat behind the designer paper, as well as for stamping the sentiment and its mat.  The combination of navy and white always looks so fresh.  I pulled a couple of other colors from the paper as well... Blushing Bride, Crushed Curry, and Calypso Coral.  The Calypso Coral seam binding is a brand-new color too.  The sentiment is from one of the new hostess sets called Hello There.  You can get this great set for only $9 in hostess dollars.

Well, friends, as usual I have about a bazillion things on my "to-do" list today, so I'm off to get started.
Hope you've started off your week on the right foot.  If not, drink more coffee and then go back and begin again. It's not too late for a "do-over!"
Hugs and Happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment