Friday, May 16, 2014

You're My Cup of Tea!

Hey there, stampers!  Happy Friday!  I hope you've all had a great week and that you've enjoyed the wonderful weather.  Before we go any further, I'd like to say thank you  for coming back to see what's new at The Classic Card.

I've had a busy week getting ready for the biggest Stampin'Up! garage sale ever!  I still have a LOT of work to do before the sale gets underway.  I've got so many stamp sets, so much paper, and so many accessories to price that it boggles my mind!  This year I've decided to purge with a capital P, so you won't want to miss my sale!  I sure don't want to show up on an episode of "Hoarders," so I'm clearing the decks.

I'm still recruiting for my Tea and Roses class on Sunday, so if you'd like to join us, you are more than welcome!  I thought I'd show you another card that we'll be making on Sunday...



I thought it would be fun to make a different size of card and I knew I wanted to use the largest scalloped heart from the Heart Framelits, so the card ended up being a 6 by 6 inch square.  I used Blushing Bride for the card base, then added Wisteria Wonder as it coordinated so well with the tea bags.  The sentiment is from Tea Party ( page 35 of the annual catalog).  I'm happy to say that this is another set that is carrying over into the new catalog.  I inked the stamp in Blushing Bride, then I went over "you're just my cup of tea" with my Wisteria Wonder marker to make that part of the image stand out more.

I hope you have some friends who are just your cup of tea who'd love getting a card like this from you.
Due to the bulk of the tea bag and the pearls, it would probably be best to mail this in a bubble mailer, which you can purchase at the dollar store in a two-pack.

I'd love to stay and chat more with you, but I've got to get back to work on the big garage sale.  Please have a wonderful and relaxing weekend!
Hugs and Happy Stamping!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment