Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Cruise Favorites

Hi there, stampers!

I promised on Monday that I'd show you some of the swaps I received on the recent Stampin'Up!Grand Vacation and since it's Wednesday, I guess I'd better make good on my promise.  This was a different type of swap, because we didn't know who we'd be swapping with and we didn't have any idea what the cards would look like... totally random swapping.  But since I was swapping with the top 300+ demonstrators, I figured that I would get some pretty amazing cards.  I'm happy to report that I was not disappointed!
Of course I'm not going to show you all 25 cards... just my favorites.  I was surprised that there was no name on some of the cards, which I think is a little odd, since we were requested to put our name and demonstrator ID number on them.  I guess there are always a few who don't get the message.  Anyway, here are a few fun cards that I hope will inspire you to get out your stamps...


This fun card is by Angie Juda and features the same new stamp set I've shown in my last two posts... So Very Happy.  Isn't that little owl cute?   The sentiment is from Remembering Your Birthday, a great set that carried over into the new catalog.  The color combination of Soft Sky and Whisper White would be great for a baby card as well... so fresh and clean!  And aren't we all happy that the Decorative Dots embossing folder from Sale-a-bration carried over as well??

Here's another card for you...



We've got the Decorative Dots folder again, with the great saying "cheer up, buttercup" from the Geometrical stamp set that was in the Occasions catalog.  The triangle shapes are also party of the set and make a perfect little pennant banner.  Stamp sets with both images and sayings are the best!  The colors here are Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay.  I'd love to be able to give credit to the demonstrator who created this, but this is one of those "no name" cards.  I'm happy that this set carried over into the new catalog too!

OK, I'll show you one more today and then we'll continue with a few more the next couple of days



Here's another pretty blue and yellow card!  This time the colors are Pool Party and So Saffron and instead of the Decorative Dots embossing folder, we have the first dotted folder ever... the classic Perfect Polka Dots.  The flowers are from the Polka Dot Pieces stamp set, which has been with us for several years.  I hope it will be around for a few more!  This great card is the work of Connie Heisey.

Enjoy a wonderful Wednesday and once today comes to an end, you're "over the hump" and it's all coasting downhill to the weekend!
Please come back and visit with me again on Friday and I'll show you more card ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
Hugs and Happy Stamping!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment