Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Nautical and Nice!


Ahoy there, stampers!
Welcome to Wednesday at the Classic Card.

Today I've got a "guy card" for you... no ribbons, bows, pastels, or pearls in sight!  I made this card as a swap for the Stampin'Up! cruise.  The swap works like this:  you make 26 cards and turn them in at the Stampin'Up! hospitality desk.  The cards are swapped with those of other demos and you get 26 cards back in a day or two. So I have no idea of who I'm swapping with or what cards I will get in return.  Hopefully, they'll all be great cards and you can be sure that I will share "the best of the best" with you.  Who knows? I might also share the "worst of the worst" with you, just for fun... of course with no names attached.

OK... enough blathering... here's the card



I think the most difficult part of creating 26 of these was cutting all 78 (26 x 3) of the label shapes, using the
Apothecary Accents Framelits.  My cranking arm definitely got a workout! By the way, you can cut two pieces of card stock at a time with a framelit, so that helped a bit!  After cutting all of the shapes, I taped them together temporarily using some blue painter's tape.  Then after stamping the collage, I carefully removed the tape, re-taped another set of the label shapes and continued.  So this is not a quick and easy card, but I do like the way they turned out.  Here's a quick list of the Stampin'Up! products I used:

Stamps:  By the Tide, page 77 of the annual catalog, Gorgeous Grunge (for the little spots), page 109
Ink:  Real Red, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Whisper White, Real Red, Night of Navy
Accessories:  Starburst Framelits,  3/4 inch circle punch, 1 1/4 inch circle punch, Linen Thread, Dimensionals,  Chevron Embossing Folder.

I hope your week is going along smoothly, but even if it isn't, today is "hump" day, so it's all downhill from here to the weekend.  Hang in there!  And thanks for coming to visit.  I hope you'll come back on Friday when I'll have another card to share with you.
Hugs and Happy Stamping!
Susan


             

No comments:

Post a Comment