Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Roses are Blue!

Hello Stampers and a happy sunny Wednesday to you!

Yes, I know how the saying goes... roses are red, violets are blue.... etc. but today I've got some blue roses for you!  I'm pretty sure there aren't any truly blue roses, but as artists we can make roses any old color we'd like!

The card I'm going to show you in just a minute is one of the cards we'll be making at my Tea and Roses tea party on Sunday.  This is an easel card which stands up when you tuck the focal panel behind the raised strip on the base of the card.  I'll send everyone home with the instructions so you'll know how to make more of this fun type of card when you get home.

OK... here it is...



I'm very happy that this Stippled Blossoms stamp set  (page 69 of the big catalog) is not on the discontinued list, as it is fun to use to make some very feminine and flowery cards.  And isn't that what we're looking for when making cards for our girlfriends, moms, aunts, nieces, daughters, and granddaughters... not to mention daughters-in-law?  You just cannot go wrong with this set!  I used the fun Remembering Your Birthday stamp set (page 16 of the big catalog) for the sentiment.

Here are the colors and supplies I used for this card:
Card base: Soft Sky
Printed paper:  Designer Series Paper stack in Soft Sky
Focal Panel: Very Vanilla
Ink:  Soft Sky and Coastal Cabana for the flowers, Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive for the leaves, and Early Espresso for the sentiment
Embellishments:  Victoria Crochet trim (discontinued, but there's a similar crocheted trim in the new catalog)
Basic Pearls, Dimensionals
If you'd like to have the directions for making an easel card, please drop me a quick email at sjrstamps@gmail.com and I'll send them to you.  Or better yet, come to my class on Sunday May 18th!
If you'd like me to save you  a spot at the stamping table, please send me a quick email and I'll add your name to the list. Thanks for stopping in today!  I appreciate all of my readers!
Enjoy the sunshine,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment