Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring in a Box

Hello stampers and happy Monday!

I'm having mixed feelings about today being the last day of Sale-a-bration 2014.  On one hand, I'm feeling a sense of relief, as this is my busiest time of year and it will be nice to slow down a bit after today.  On the other hand, it has been super-fun to have so many parties and events and see so many of you, my wonderful customers.  But just because Sale-a-bration is over for another year doesn't mean that the stamping will stop!  I've got a very fun class coming up this Saturday, April 5th at 1 pm at my house.  It's called Spring in a Box we'll be making a set of 5 coordinated cards and envelopes plus a pretty box to store them in.  The cost for the class is a very reasonable $15, or the class can be free with a $40 purchase.  Some yummy snacks and door prizes will round out the afternoon.

Here are two of the cards and I'll show you the rest on Wednesday and Friday...



All of the cards are made with the very versatile Polka Dot Pieces stamp set, on page 85 of the annual catalog.  I love this set because there is a matching punch for all of the images, making it super-easy to create pretty cards with a three-dimensional touch.  This very gift-able card set features the classic Polka Dot Parade DSP (Designer Series Paper) that you can see on page 154 of the annual catalog.  So with the Polka Dot Pieces set, the Polka Dot Parade Paper, and then the Perfect Polka Dots and Decorative Dots embossing folders, we've got a veritable polka fest on our hands!  Don't worry though.  I will not be giving polka lessons at this class, nor will there be any polka music!  

The colors for the card on the left are Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight and the card on the right is Real Red with a touch of Old Olive for the stems and leaves of the flowers.  Somehow it ended up looking like Melon Mambo, our hot pink, but when you see it up close and personal, it is definitely Real Red.  

Well, my friends, it is time for me to run!  Today is our monthly SOS (Stamp Out Stress) gathering at Symposium Coffee in Sherwood and I've got to pack up my supplies for the cards we'll be making.
Thanks for stopping in today and please come back on Wednesday when the polka-ing will continue.
Choose happiness!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment