Monday, March 17, 2014

Cheer Up, Buttercup!

Hello Stampers and Top o' the Mornin' to all!

I don't think I have even one drop of Irish blood, nor does Mr. Rodgers,  so St. Patrick's Day hasn't been a big event in our house.  But I know that some Portlanders engage in a very hearty celebration... as in party hearty!  Personally, I think it's just an excuse to drink more beer.  I'm sure you've heard Portland described as Beervana by those who are into craft beer... both brewing and drinking.  Me?  If I'm going to drink something Irish, I prefer Irish Coffee with lots of cream on top. So yummy!

I don't know about you, but this rain is not making me happy.  Yes, I know we need rain and that we are behind on rainfall for the year, but I much preferred the sun of a couple of days ago.  Please come back, Mr. Sun!  To make sure we get some sunshine today, even if it's just some sunshiny yellow, I've got a card that will hopefully give your mood a boost.  Check it out...



I used my brayer and Daffodil Delight ink and brayered ink on the Chevron embossing folder.  Then I put my white card stock inside and ran it through the Big Shot to create the Chevron background paper.  I stamped the sentiment  "cheer up buttercup" from the Geometrical stamp set  (page 26 of the Occasions catalog) in Jet Black Staz-on ink on a strip of white card stock.  I flagged the end of the strip with the 1 inch sqaure punch and adhered it to a strip of Modern Medley designer paper.  The flower is made of 3 layers of Daffodil Delight card stock, cut with the Pansy Punch.  I cut between each petal and curled the petals with my bone folder before gluing all the layers together.  The black flower in the center was punched with the Petite Petals punch  (these are almost off backorder!).  The very tiny yellow scalloped circle is from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.  I used a black Sharpie pen to color a pearl to place in the center.  It is easy to make pearls any color you wish, but you must use a permanent pen, such as a Sharpie.

Well, buttercup, I hope this card has sent a little ray of sunshine your way today!  If not, you can always go the green beer or Irish Coffee route.... just kidding!  I hope you'll have a fine St. Paddy's Day and that your whole week will be touched with the luck of the Irish!

Thanks for being here today and please come back on Wednesday for another Classic Card!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment