Friday, March 7, 2014

Gingham Garden

Hi there Stampers!

First a little apology is in order.  Did you think I missed posting on Wednesday?  If so, go back and look at Wednesday's post as I want you to see the cute mini-card I made with the envelope attached.  I wrote the post and scheduled it for Wednesday, but... oops!... forgot to put in the correct hour.  I didn't discover the mistake until about 3 pm on Wednesday afternoon, so that is when my Wednesday post was published.  Sorry about that.  I just need to be more careful when scheduling my posts!

Today I want to focus on the Gingham Garden suite of products, which starts on page 80 of the annual catalog.  The designer paper that coordinates is also called Gingham Garden and you can see the various patterns and colors in this collection at the top of page 153 in the annual catalog.  With its yellows, pinks, blues, and greens this is the perfect DSP collection for spring.

With all the gloomy weather we've been having lately, I wanted to make something spring-like that would remind us of sunshine and blue skies and I think I've captured that for you in today's card.  Take a peek...



The stamp set I used is called Kind and Cozy and can be found on page 82 of the catalog.  I used Island Indigo ink to stamp the circle, then punched it out with the coordinating  2 1/2 inch circle punch.  Centering the cup inside the circle was easy... I just got out my Stamp-a-ma-jig and that handy tool did the work for me.  I used a strip of the Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper (DSP) to layer underneath my teacup, along with some Stitched Grosgrain ribbon in Daffodil Delight.

The most interesting part of this card is the yellow and white gingham background paper that I created myself using the Stripes embossing folder and a brayer.  I brayered some Daffodil Delight ink directly onto the embossing folder, then inserted my paper and ran it through the Big Shot.  Then I re-inked the embossing folder, inserted the paper crosswise and embossed again.  The result is a very pretty embossed gingham
pattern.  I wish this picture showed a little more of the embossed texture.  I would love to show everyone how to make this fun background paper!  Why not book a party with me in April or May and I'll show you how easy it is to make.

Wouldn't it be fun to make a cute card like this, stick a tea bag inside, and send it off to a far-away friend, inviting her to have a cup of tea with you?  Then you can sit down with your tea and your computers and have a nice email conversation with her while you are enjoying your tea.

Well, stampers, I've got about a bazillion things on my "to-do" list today, so I guess I'd better go and tackle it!  I'm glad that the weekend is almost here and I'm looking forward to reconnecting with a group of customers in the Milwaukie area at Carol's stamping party on Saturday.  With rain in the forecast for the weekend, it looks like it will be a great time to stay in and stamp. I hope you'll all enjoy a relaxing weekend!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment