Friday, March 14, 2014

The Wide World's Joy...

Hello stampers and happy Friday to all!

Wasn't yesterday just another beee-you-ti-ful day?   I just don't think we can get enough of that marvelous energizing sunshine.  Pardon me if I've mentioned this quote before.... it's one of my favorites

The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world's joy.
                                                                                 Henry Ward Beecher

And yesterday I could feel that joy as I noticed birds singing, ducks on the pond quacking, trees blossoming, and daffodils nodding in the slight breeze.  All that sunshine gave me energy to do what I needed to do, which was engage in a frenzy of cleaning.  Floors were swept, swiffered, vacuumed, and mopped. Counters were cleaned and polished, and the list goes on!  Is there anything fresher than a clean house on a spring day with the windows open?  I loved having the windows open, if only for a couple of hours.

OK, I think the Martha (as in Stewart)  in me is starting to calm down now, so perhaps we should get back to what you came here for.... stamping inspiration.




I'm happy to say that this card was made by my talented downline member, Janet Jones.  Don't the colors just sing "spring?"   The stamp set is called So Very Grateful and can be found on page 32 of the Occasions catalog (the one that says "Celebrate the Everyday" on the cover). The colors are Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, and Strawberry Slush.  Janet embossed the Coastal Cabana Coredinations paper with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and then lightly sanded to give the card a great texture.  Janet stamped the flowers in Jet Black Staz-on ink, then colored the flowers with Stampin' Write markers.  I love how the thin black mat behind the focal panel repeats the black outline of the flowers.  That cute "hello" is found in the stamp set A Dozen Thoughts ( page 29 of the annual catalog). The Chevron ribbon in Crushed Curry blends well with the Daffodil Delight panel and  adds another nice detail to a great card.  I'll bet you know lots of people who would love to get a pretty spring card like this in their mailbox.

Thank you very much for reading my blog today.  I would love it if you'd share my blog with other stampers you know.  I could use a lot more readers!
For those of you at the office, school, store, or other place of employment... may your day go smoothly and quickly.  Before you know it, Friday will be just a memory and the weekend will be stretching before you!  I'm hoping the weather man is correct and that we'll have a sunny weekend.  Enjoy!
Be happy!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment