Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Zip-a-dee-do-dah!

Zip-a-dee-do-dah, zippety-a, my oh my what a wonderful day!  Plenty of sunshine heading our way!

Wasn't yesterday just a lovely day?  It might have been a bit cold in the morning, but the afternoon was great!  Now if we could just order up a whole string of days like yesterday, I'm sure there'd be a lot more happy faces to be seen around these parts.

Just in case today doesn't turn out to be as sunny as yesterday, I've got another sunny card for you.
I saw a similar card on Patty Bennett's blog, but of course I changed it up a bit.  I used a yellow background instead of a white one and added an extra layer of black card stock,  but I loved the idea of cutting out a frame and then having the flowers pop through it.  Take a look and you'll see what I mean...



To cut the little frame, just use two of the square framelits, the smaller one nested inside the larger one, and then run them through the Big Shot.  So simple, but cute!  I cut a square of white card stock just a tad smaller and stamped the stems from the Simple Stems stamp set ( page 33 of the Occasions catalog) in Gumball Green.  Don't forget that this great shade of green is almost gone.  It is retiring on May 31st.  Stamp pads, card stock, ribbon, and most importantly-- ink refills-- will start to sell out in early May, so get yours now, while you can earn a  free Sale-a-bration stamp set, etc. with your $50 purchase. Sale-a-bration ends March 31st!
The sentiment is from one of my all-time favorite sets, Sassy Salutations (page 39 of the annual catalog).
The flowers from the Petite Petals stamp set (page 33 of the Occasions catalog) are stamped in Daffodil Delight and then punched out with the Petite Petals punch, also on page 33.  I colored some basic pearls with a black sharpie and added them to the center of the flowers.  You could also use a black candy dot
(page 171 of the annual catalog), but the colored pearls worked just fine.
If you'd like to make this fun card, why not join us at my house this coming Saturday at 1 o'clock?  Just send me a quick email (sjrstamps@gmail.com) and let me know that you'd like to attend.  You'd be most welome!
Thanks for dropping by today!  I know you are busy, so I appreciate the time you spend with me!
Please come back on Friday for another Classic Card!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment