Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring Break is almost here...

Hello Stampers and Happy Friday-before-Spring-Break to all!

Wasn't yesterday a perfect first day of Spring?  A little sun, a little rain, pretty pink cherry blossoms, a bit of blue sky, daffodils popping up everywhere.... and then a little more rain.  Looks like we're in for some nice weather ahead if the forecast isn't changed again!

If you are worker-bee, and if you happen to work in a school, as many of my customers do, then you've probably been waiting for this very day to arrive... the last day before break!  I can remember how I looked forward to such days, but now that I'm retired, I have to admit it's just like any other Friday.  But I'm happy for those of you who are going to get a well-deserved break.  I know how hard you work, how many hours you put in above and beyond what you're paid for.

With Spring Break here, Easter cannot be far behind.  Why not purchase that very pretty Blessed Easter set in the Occasions catalog on page 9?  It is only $11.95.  Then you can make some gorgeous Easter cards like the one I'm going to show you right now.



This beauty was stamped by one of my downline members, Kathy Milano.  To make this stamp much more versatile, just carefully cut away the sentiment from the flowers. It is easy to do.  If you don't have any rubber-cutting scissors, I'll be happy to perform the surgery for you. That way, you can use this pretty tulip trio for all sorts of cards... not just at Easter.
The colors Kathy used are Pear Pizzazz and Wisteria Wonder  The white paper is watercolor paper.  The tulips were colored with ink from the stamp pads and blender pens.  The Tea Lace doilies (page 156 of the annual catalog) and a strip of Wisteria Wonder embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder add a nice touch.  The sentiment was punched out with the new Label Bracket Punch on page 28 of the Occasions catalog and popped up on dimensionals for extra interest.  Thanks, Kathy, for letting me share your card today!

Although Sale-a-bration is winding down, I've still go a lot of things to do before it is officially over on March 31st.  In fact, I'll be celebrating the end of Sale-a-bration at Symposium Coffee in Old Town Sherwood. It is always the last Monday of the month and starts at 1 o'clock in the afternoon.  What a nice way to wind up the month with cards, coffee, conversation, and creativity.  You really should join us!

Have a fab Friday and if you're on Spring Break next week I have just three words of advice for you:
relax, refresh, and recharge!  Oh, and enjoy!  I guess that's four words.
Happiness to all,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment