Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Truly Grateful

Hello Stampers and  happy Wednesday to all!

Sorry I missed chatting with you on Monday, but our Seattle daughter and family stopped by on Sunday night on their way to the coast and instead of blogging, I read bedtime stories.  I thought of you, though!  But there are only a few times a year that I get to read bedtime stories to the little ones and soon enough they won't be little anymore and won't want me to read to them.  No worries.... I'm back now and will resume my regular schedule.

I have to say that I haven't minded the rain we've been having recently.  It has been a nice change from the heat we had earlier.  I'm truly grateful that we had a nice summer this year and I don't think the nice weather is over quite yet.  Usually we get some really warm and sunny days in early fall, and I'm looking forward to those too.  Speaking of fall and being truly grateful, I have a card for you today that I think you'll love.  Take a peek...



I used the new Truly Grateful stamp set ( page 19 of the Holiday Catalog).  I just love the herringbone wood background pattern in this set, as well as the acorn, slice of a tree trunk, and bundle of wheat.  I inked the wheat in Early Espresso, then colored the twine that binds it together with a Pumpkin Pie marker.I used the Woodgrain embossing folder to texture the Very Vanilla panel that is then adhered to a Crumb Cake base.
The DSP I used is called Sweater Weather ( page 18 of the Holiday Catalog). I sponged around each element of this card with Soft Suede ink and the sentiment is also stamped in Soft Suede.

Thanks for checking in with me today!  Don't forget to come back on Friday for another Classic Card and some stamping inspiration.
Just 2 more days 'til the long weekend!  Hope you have some fun plans for it!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment