Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Making Room for Joy....

Hello Stampin' friends and a happy Wednesday to all!

How's your week going so far?  Mine has been busy, busy, busy and I'm pretty sure that your week has been that way too.  I'm sure that's true for most people.  We get so busy with the details of life..., our jobs, the laundry, the grocery shopping, the cleaning, the cooking, doing errands,  that we sometimes forget to leave room for what really matters.

I ran across a quotation a few days ago that resonated with me and I'd like to share it with you.
"Always leave room enough in your life to do something that makes you happy, satisfied, or even joyous."
 Paul Hawken

I'm taking this as a little reminder that I need to spend some time in my stamp room, stamping with no particular goal in mind, because I always feel happy, satisfied, and joyous when I've been able to spend some creative time just stamping for the fun of it... not because I have to come up with cards for the next class, the next stamping party, or the next event.

So I'm encouraging you to just get out your stampin' stuff and mess around.  I can guarantee that you'll enjoy it a lot more than racing into your creative space with the goal of creating a birthday card that you need right now this very minute.  That seems a lot like work and probably won't lead to feelings of happiness, satisfaction or joy.  So goof off a little... it is good for you!

OK, I know.  I've been goofing off for four paragraphs and you're probably wondering if I have a card to show you today.  Yes, I do, and here it is...



This is one of the cards that we'll be making at Debbie's party this coming Saturday, August 10th at 1 pm at my house.  These colors and images just say "warm summer afternoon" to me.  Even though I miss More Mustard, I have to admit that I'm loving having Crushed Curry back... it's so bright and warm.  And I guess you probably already know that I adore this Summer Silhouettes stamp set  (page 127).  I stamped with Pistachio Pudding (leaves), Crushed Curry (flowers) and Early Espresso (stems, flower center, butterfly, and sentiment.  The sentiment is from the Trust God set (page 78).  The tiny pearls I added to the flowers won't cause too much of a bump in an envelope, but you could leave them off and the card would still be pretty.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  Now that Wednesday is here, we're definitely "over the hump" and I'm hoping that your week will slide smoothly into a relaxing weekend.  Don't forget to make some time in your life to be creative.
Hugs to all,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment