Monday, August 12, 2013

Still Riding my Bike

Hi Stampers!  It's Monday and I'm still on my bicycle kick.

Hope you had a grand ol' weekend!  Mine was spent stampin', stampin', and stampin' some more!  I've been busy with parties and also working on cards for upcoming events.  Later in the week I'll be showing you some of the cool flip cards we'll be making on August 20th at my last Sketch-of-the-Month class.  The new Stampin'Up! Thinlit Circle Card die is one amazing tool that cuts and scores a card with a panel that flips over when you open the card--- super impressive and super easy!

But for now, I'm going to show you another bicycle card to go with the one I featured in Friday's blog post.
Check it out...




This stamp set, Postage Due, is one of my all-time favorite stamp sets--- one that I'll keep even after it is retired.  You may remember that I'm a big fan of collages, and this collage is ready-made.  No worries about where to place each element, as it is just one big stamp.  You just ink and you're good to go.  I stamped the collage image in Versamark ink on glossy white card stock, then heat embossed the image with white embossing powder.  Next, I sponged on some Coastal Cabana ink.  The glossy surface of the card stock takes the ink so smoothly.  You just sort of glide the ink onto the surface and it turns out looking very evenly inked.  Unfortunately, Stampin'Up! recently discontinued their Glossy White card stock.  I'll be looking for another source so that I can continue to use this technique, which is called "emboss resist."  You can also use plain Whisper White card stock for this technique, but the ink doesn't glide on smoothly, the way it does with Glossy White card stock.

I stamped the postage stamps in Crisp Cantaloupe and Baked Brown Sugar, then punched them out with the
Postage Stamp punch and adhered them with dimensionals.  I embossed the Coastal Cabana panel with the  Fancy Fan embossing folder and added a girly touch with the Ruffle Stretch Trim in Crisp Cantaloupe.

Do these bicycle cards make you want to get on a bike and RIDE??    I'm seriously thinking of buying a bicycle, but by the time I get around to it, the rain will be back.  Maybe I should just wait until next summer.
Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to read these random ramblings.... I appreciate my readers!
Hope your week is off to a good start!
Hugs to all,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment