Friday, August 16, 2013

This Flip is No Flop!

Hi there stampers!

August 16th is a significant day in my life... the day I became a grandmother to twin boys!  I can hardly believe that my sweet Luke and Ben are already four years old.  Yikes... that means I'm 4 years older as well.  Happy Birthday, Luke and Ben!
And now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

Yay!  It's Friday and the start of another summer weekend.  Just in case you haven't checked the calendar lately, there aren't too many of them left, I'm sad to say.  So get out there and have an awesome time doing what we Northwesterners do in the summer... outdoor concerts, picnics, wine-tasting, going to the beach, camping, hiking, and all that other fun stuff that sunshiny days make possible.

But before you go off to do all that, stay here a few minutes longer and take a peek at my sunshiny "flip" card that is cut with the Thinlits Circle Card Die from Stampin'Up!. It's called a flip card because the circular focal panel flips over when the card is opened.   Pretty fun stuff, huh?



Here's what the front of the card looks like.  Then when you pull on the left-hand side of the card, the round panel in the center flips over to reveal the sentiment, which on this card is "hello." Sorry, but I didn't take a photo of the card with the panel flipped.  You'll just have to trust me on this.

Here's a quick list of the supplies I used:

Stamps:  Polka Dot Pieces, Four You
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Old Olive, Whisper White
Accessories:  Fancy Fan embossing folder (for the Old Olive scalloped circle, Pacific Point stitched grosgrain ribbon, candy dot (for center of  flower),2 3/8 inch scallop circle punch,  1 3/4 inch scallop circle punch, 1 1/4 inch scallop circle punch, tiny flower punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.
Thinlit Circle Card Die ( too new to be in the catalog, item # 13348).

We'll be making this sunny card at the last Summer Night Stampin' event on Tuesday, August 20th.  I'm looking forward to showing you a couple of great tips to make this die even more versatile than it already is.

Have a  relaxing weekend and I hope you'll find a few minutes to stamp something pretty!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment