Monday, August 19, 2013

Flip flops aren't just for feet!

Hello there stampin' enthusiasts!

Here we are on another summer Monday!  I'm hoping that you enjoyed a weekend that was full of your favorite things!  John and I spent a couple of relaxing days at the coast last week to celebrate anniversary #43, and do I even need to say what the weather was like???  It poured buckets on Wednesday, was cloudy on Thursday, and then Friday-- the day we packed up to come home-- the day dawned bright and clear.  Ugh!  So typical!

Well, now it's onward and upward to more positive thoughts, such as card-making, being creative, and the enjoyment I get from sharing my ideas with you.  Pardon me while I'm on my current flip-flop card kick.  I'm having so much fun experimenting with my new "toy" and I just can't seem to stop making cards with it.
Here's another card that we'll be making on Tuesday night at my last summer evening event for 2013.  If you'd like to join us, drop me a quick email and I'll save a spot for you.  I've only got 2 open spots, so please let me know quickly (sjrstamps@gmail.com).

OK, guess I better show you the card....




I'm so proud of myself.... I actually remembered to take a photo of the card showing what it looks like when it is opened!

Here's a quick list of the ingredients:

Stamps:  Mixed Bunch (page 89)
              Yippee-Skippie!  (page 37)  The saying on this card is "You can never have too much happy."
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pool Party
Paper:  Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Accessories:  Large Pearl, 3/4 inch circle punch (page 182), Blossom Punch (page 183), 2  3/8 inch scallop circle punch (page 182), Thinlet Circle Card Die for the Big Shot, Daffodil Delight Ribbon, page 173.
(Note:  the ribbon shown on the card is discontinued.  You could substitute some  1/4 inch stitched grosgrain in Daffodil Delight for this discontinued ribbon.)

Thanks for stopping by The Classic Card today.  I'll look forward to Wednesday, when I hope you'll come back for more stamping ideas and inspiration.

Hugs and Happy Monday,
Susan









No comments:

Post a Comment