Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Golden Summer Afternoon

Welcome to Wednesday at The Classic Card!

Thanks so much for joining me today.  I appreciate each one of you who take the time to read my rambling thoughts and look at my cards.  I'm wondering if you would do me a big favor and share my blog address with a friend or fellow stamper.  I could sure use a few more readers!

The card I have to show you today was one that we made at Shirley's house on Sunday.  I thought that since summer is beginning to swing toward fall, that it might be fun to make a card that says "late summer afternoon."  So I picked Crushed Curry for its warm golden tones and upped the heat a notch or two with the hot hues of Calypso Coral.  Some Early Espresso accents hint of fall as well.  Take a look and see if this doesn't say "summer afternoon" to you too.



Here's the quick list of supplies...
Stamps:  Too Kind, Sassy Salutations, Papillon Potpourri
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Whisper White
Accessories:  Stitched Grosgrain ribbon in Early Espresso, Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder, Bitty Butterfly punch.

What's on your to-do list for Wednesday?  I'm working like a little beaver to get everything ready for two stamping parties on the same day--- one in the morning and one in the afternoon.  I'll let you know how that works out after I've survived the day.  Don't forget to come back on Friday for more stamping ideas and inspiration.  Meanwhile... stamp something pretty today!
Hugs,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment