Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Popular Pineapple

Hello there, stampers!

Thanks for checking in with me today on this mostly sunny Wednesday!  In fact, the weather report says it will get all the way up to 80 degrees today.  Hopefully, we'll have more summer weather coming our way soon!

Have you noticed that pineapples seem to be everywhere?
I've seen pineapple stationery, pineapple dishtowels, pineapple designs on plates, paper napkins, fabric, and of course to be "on-trend" Stampin'Up! now has a couple of pineapple images in the new annual catalog.  There's a small one in the Pop of Paradise set on page 85, but the the big one is on page 124.  It's actually a background stamp.  I'm not sure why pineapples are suddenly trendy.  Who decides these things?  Flamingos are having a surge in popularity as well.  Why?   

Well, back to pineapples!  I'm sure by now you've guessed that I have a pineapple card to show you today.  Here it is...



This is an early birthday card that I received from my wonderful downline member Janet Jones. Janet's birthday was yesterday and lucky girl that she is, she's in Bermuda for her birthday week.  
I don't have the Pineapple stamp yet, but it is on my wish list.  It's only $14 for the clear mount stamp (the red rubber that is mounted temporarily on a clear block).  Check it out on page 124 of the annual catalog.

I think Janet colored directly on the stamp with Old Olive and Crushed Curry markers, misted the stamp very lightly, and then stamped on watercolor paper.  The sentiment is from the "must-have" Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set on page 90.  If you don't already own this extremely versatile set, I suggest you get it sometime this year, because who knows how much longer it will be in the catalog.  The Word Window punch that she used is now retired, but the new Classic Label Punch (page 186) is designed to  work perfectly with this stamp set as well.

Oh, how I wish I had time to play with all the new stamp sets that are just sitting on my shelf!  I've started the process of packing up my stamping supplies, so it's going to be a while before I'm able to create anything new.  I'm really missing my stamping time, but it's a sacrifice I have to make in order to get everything packed.

Hope everyone is having a good week!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment