Friday, July 15, 2016

Fruit Stand Suite

Hello again!  It's Friday and I'm ready to blog about the Fruit Stand Suite from Stampin'Up!  

Whenever I see a fruit stand, I think of my mom.  She was a fruit stand "freak," and in our travels around California to visit various relatives, she'd want to stop at every fruit stand along the way.  It used to drive the rest of us (my dad, brother, sister, and me) crazy!
When she was in her late 80's and 90's and unable to drive, her dearest wish was to be driven to Andy's Produce out in the countryside near Sebastopol, California to pick out fresh fruit and veggies. When I visited her, that was something we did quite a few times. When I first started taking her there,  she would walk holding onto the grocery cart and in her later years she had to use her walker, but nothing was going to keep her from going to her favorite fruit stand!  Maybe eating all those fruits and vegetables had something to do with her long life (97 years!).  

So here's a bright and summery card that features the Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper... a beautiful mix of berries, peaches, pears, apples, with some stripes, dots, and flowers thrown into the mix. You can see the whole suite of products on pages 148 and 149 of the annual catalog.  

I used three strips of the strawberry DSP, glued them down to the Real Red panel and then ran the whole thing through the Big Shot with the new Petal Burst embossing folder (page 195) to give the card a quilted look.  The sentiment is from a new stamp set called Layering Love on page 71. I stamped the sentiment in Cucumber Crush on Whisper White card stock, then cut it out with one of the new Layering Oval Framelits at the top of page 193.  I used a slightly larger scalloped oval die to cut the mat.  Some of the new 5/8 " Mini Striped Ribbon (page 178) in Cucumber Crush repeats the green.  I love how this card turned out and hope it inspires you!

I'm going to make an effort to blog a few times next week, but I can't guarantee that I'll be able to stick to my Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule.  It all depends on how much progress we make with our packing.  If I do have to take a break, I'll let you know in advance.  

Have a wonderful weekend and I'll hope to see you back here on Monday for more stamping fun!

Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment