Friday, July 1, 2016

Foxy Friday

Hey there!  Happy July and happy Friday everyone!

Got some fun plans for the weekend ahead?  For many, today is the start of a 4 day star-spangled weekend.  I hope you've got something planned that you are really excited about.  As you know, we are in packing mode around here, so we'll be packing throughout the holiday weekend, with maybe a little break here and there.  I'm determined to finish early, so we are working hard toward that goal.

Here's a fun card that we made at Donna's party last week.  This little guy is just the cutest!



As soon as I saw the new stamp set Foxy Friends ( page 57 of the new catalog), I knew that it was going to come to live at my house.  Luckily, I received it, along with the matching punch,  FREE on the recent Mediterranean cruise.  I haven't had much time to play with it, but it's a super-versatile set.  You can create all sorts of animals with it.. a cat, a deer, a raccoon and of course Mr. Fox.
The sentiment comes from the Party with Cake stamp set ( page 14).

I used the new coordinating paper stack A Little Foxy (page 174) 
and pulled the colors directly from that.  The fox is stamped in Calypso Coral and details are added with the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad (p. 180).  The base of the card is Whisper White.  Layered on top of that is a Smoky Slate panel that was embossed with the Woodgrain embossing folder.  The Calypso Coral panel behind the fox really helps him "pop."  

Whatever you have planned for the weekend, I hope you'll be able to squeeze in a little time for creativity.  Life is just more fun when you stamp!

Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment