Monday, July 4, 2016

Hooray for the Red, White, and Blue!

Hello and Happy 4th of July!

I'm pretty sure that a lot of my readers might not be reading today because they're at the beach, the mountains, the Columbia Gorge,
Black Butte, Sun River, or maybe even across the river at the Skamania Lodge.  Oregon has so many great places to enjoy the outdoors!  Unfortunately, I'm not one of the people who is out enjoying the sights.  I'm here surrounded by boxes, packing paper, and a house that is pretty thoroughly dismantled.  The pictures are down, the houseplants have found a new home, 90% of the dishes are packed, and I'm almost finished packing in the garage.  Up next... the stamp room.  Then I'll attack the kitchen cupboards and pack up the seldom-used pots/pans/bakeware, etc.  This is a monumental task, that's for sure!  So glad we didn't wait until we are even older than we are now to do this much-needed downsizing! 

Well, I know you came here to see a card, so without further yakking about our move, here it is...



Isn't this card just fabulous??   My friend Rhonda Wilson is the
creator of this fun flag card.  I love the way it looks as though "Old Glory" is rippling in the wind!  Rhonda used the new Swirly Scribbles Thinlits (page 194) to cut the stripes of Real Red.  She embossed the Night of Navy backing for the stars with an embossing folder from a few years ago.  I wish I could remember the name of it, but I'm pretty sure many of you have this one.  She used the Number of Years stamp set and the coordinating Large Numbers for the Happy 4th" sentiment.  I'm so glad she sent me this beautiful card and even happier that I can share it with you.  
File this idea away for next year.  Your friends and relatives will love getting a card like this!

Have a wonderful 4th of July celebration!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment