Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Summer Birthdays Galore!

Hey there, stamping "peeps!"


The days are going by so quickly this week... a little too quickly for me!  It's Wednesday already and we are working hard to finish packing before August 2nd is upon us.  Today is the day that I'm going to finish packing all of the kitchen supplies.  We will be eating breakfast and lunch here, but dinners from now on will be eaten elsewhere.  I've got a supply of paper cups, plates, bowls, and utensils, but everything else is going into a box by the end of the day.  If I stop to think about it, I could probably get all teary-eyed about the fact that I've cooked the last meal I'll ever cook in this kitchen.  But honestly, I don't have time to shed tears.  I'll just keep packing instead!

Here's a card we made at my "last ever" stamping party.  It would be perfect for a summer birthday.  Do you seem to have a lot of people in your life with summer birthdays??  I certainly do!  The rest of the year, it's a birthday here and a birthday there, but in the summertime, it is Birthday Central, at least for me.  



This fun card says "Happy Birthday" inside.  Sorry I forgot to take a picture of that.  I used the new Stylized Birthday stamp on page 16 of the annual catalog.  I love the font and that it's a large stamp.  It takes up quite a bit of room so you don't have to write too much inside the card :)

The "By the Shore" Suite of products is just perfect for summer birthdays, because the beach and summer go together like peanut butter and jelly, like Ricky and Lucy, like cookies and milk!  The stamp set in this suite is called Seaside Shore (page 93) and it includes both images AND words... my favorite type of stamp set.
I used the new Seaside embossing folder, the By the Shore DSP, some Calypso Coral Thick Baker's Twine, and some Bermuda Bay Sequin "bubbles."  The sentiment was stamped with Calypso Coral on Very Vanilla Card stock, since the background of the DSP is Very Vanilla, not Whisper White.  The base of the card is Very Vanilla, topped with the embossed panel in Soft Sky.  The mat behind the DSP is Mint Macaron.  

One of the best things about this card is that it can be used for just about anyone... male or female, young or old.  If you had a stash of cards like this, you'd be ready for all your summer birthdays!

Thanks for visiting me today.  I hope to be back on Friday, but I can't promise.  It depends on how much I get done in the next couple of days.

Hugs and happy stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment