Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Birthday Bounty.....

Hello stampers!

Sorry I missed blogging on Monday, but I did warn you that I might be off schedule this week.  Packing MUST be done, while blogging is optional.  

I will be sharing birthday cards that I've received from downline members and friends.  I think I've already mentioned that I just don't have time to sit down and create cards at this point in our move.  

Today's pretty card was created by Stephanie Perry, one of the talented stampers in my group.  She used the Helping Me Grow stamp set, which you can see on page 40 of the annual catalog.  




The card base is Tempting Turquoise.  Stephanie stamped the cosmos in Basic Black Archival ink, then water colored with an aqua painter on watercolor paper.  I'm totally guessing what colors she used, but I think the flowers were colored in the new Sweet Sugarplum.  The stems, I think, are Emerald Envy.  The flower centers could be Crushed Curry.  The background was filled in with Pool Party.  You could change up the colors and still have a gorgeous card.   That curvy sentiment is from the Balloon Celebration set on page 24 of the annual catalog. It is stamped on Whisper White card stock in Basic Gray ink.  Some Thick Baker's Twine in Whisper White tied around the top repeats the white of the sentiment banner.  Thanks, Stephanie, for sending me such a pretty card on my birthday.  You can see more of Stephanie's beautiful work at stefperry.blogspot.com

Well, my friends, I enjoyed this little break from packing.  However, I hear the empty boxes calling my name, so I'm going to say goodbye for now.  Have a wonderful Wednesday and please come back on Friday, because I'm pretty sure I'll have time to write another post.
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment