Monday, July 25, 2016

A Weekend to Remember...

Hello there, stampers!

Thanks for coming over to visit on this summery Monday!  
How was your weekend?  Did it include something fun like going to the beach?  Camping?  Maybe a family reunion or another family event?  Whatever you did, I hope it was memorable!  I had a memorable weekend as well, but for an entirely different reason.  I packed up my stamp room... something I'm pretty sure I'll remember for quite a long time.  I'm so very thankful that I did the big purge of products at my garage sale, because if hadn't done that, I'd probably still be packing.

I showed you a picture on Friday of the big mess my room was in as I began the job of packing up.  Here is how it looks now... nice and neat with boxes ready to be loaded on the truck.



We are making good progress with our packing and soon I will "pull the plug" on cooking and get the rest of the kitchen stuff in boxes.  My goal is to finish at least one day ahead of time... maybe two days ahead.  That will make for a much more relaxing move.

I'm pretty sure you'd be OK with me showing you a card today, so here's a pretty one I got from my friend Carole Remme on my birthday.  



Isn't this just a beautiful card?  I love the combination of the Botanical Garden DSP and the pretty Soft Sky flowers.  Carole used the very popular Botanical Builder Framelits (the top of page 194 in the new annual catalog) to create those lovely three-dimensional flowers.  Of course the paper isn't available anymore, but I know that many of you bought more than one package, so it shouldn't be difficult to re-create this gorgeous card.

I don't recognize the sentiment... it may have come from another stamp company.  Thank you Carole, for such a pretty card on my birthday! I love it!

That's all for today, friends!  I've got a closet full of clothes that I need to start packing in wardrobe boxes, so I'd better get started.
According to the weather page in Sunday's Oregonian, we are in for some summer-like weather this week.  I'm hoping the warmer temps will help us get ready for the 100+ degree days we'll be having once we get to Woodland.   

Check back with me on Wednesday, because I hope to be blogging then. 
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

1 comment:

  1. Have I told you how sad I am that you are going? I'm so Happy you will be near your family, but also sad you are leaving. Seeing your moving pictures have made it real. Good luck my friend. enjoy your new adventure. I will miss you
    Robin

    ReplyDelete