Friday, July 8, 2016

A Classic Layout

Hey there, stampers!

It's Friday once again and that means it's time for me to blog!
I'm not sure I can keep up with blogging during this move, but I'm giving it my best shot!  

Since I've been spending my days packing instead of stamping, I may run out of cards to show you.  I would like nothing more than to put the packing on hold while I play with the many new stamp sets from the new catalog, but my conscience will not let me play when there's so much work to be done.

I do have a great card to inspire you today.  It's another swap card that I got on the cruise.  This is such a classic layout that I'm suggesting you sketch it out and add it to your collection of card sketches.  Here, have a peek...




This clean and classic card was made by Candy Rattray.   The sentiment is from the Friendly Wishes stamp set on page 105, but there are tons of sentiments in the catalog that would fit easily on this 2 1/2 inch circle.  The Mint Macaron panel measures 3 1/4 by 3 3/4 inches.  The DSP panel is 3 by 3 1/2.  The banner along the left side is 1 1/2 inches wide by 4 3/4 inches long.  The card base is Basic Gray.  You could easily change up the color of the card base, the DSP, and the banner, as well as the sentiment and have a great looking card in no time.  That's why I like to keep a notebook of card sketches.  Then when I need to design a card, I get out my notebook and find a sketch I like. Next I choose a sentiment and colors.  You'd be surprised how quickly a card can come together when using a sketch.  One of my favorite online sites for card sketches is freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com  Check it out sometime and while you're there, print out some of their sketches for your own card sketchbook.  Having a collection of sketches at the ready is almost as good as money in the bank. Almost.

Well, my friends, it's back to packing for me!  I hope your Friday goes by quickly and smoothly and that the weekend ahead is smooth sailing.

Hugs and happiness!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment