Friday, March 4, 2016

Something fun for Friday...

Hey there, stampers!

Friday has rolled around once again and that means it's time for me to share another card with you.  I thought I'd show you something fun in hopes that you like it as much as I do.

This card would be a perfect Easter card for anyone, but I think it would be especially fun for the kids in your life since it features baby farm animals.  The images are from the Barnyard Babies set on page 33 of the annual catalog.  This is a great stamp set as it has a lamb, a goat, a pig, and a horse as well as a duck, chick, and cow.  It's Old MacDonald's Farm all rolled into one stamp set!

Here's the card...



Did you ever have one of those fancy Easter eggs with a little scene inside?  That was the look I was going for with this card.  I thought it would be fun to use the animals and grass to create a little springtime scene.  The rays of the sun in the upper left-hand corner were made with the sun from Kinda Eclectic, stamped in So Saffron ink.  The front panel of the card is Soft Sky.  Stamp the "happy Easter" greeting before sending it through the Big Shot with the Decorative Dots folder. I stamped the grass in Pear Pizzazz then colored the ducks and chick with my So Saffron marker.  Their beaks and feet are colored with a Tangerine Tango marker.  Little Lambie-Pie's ears were given just a touch of pink with a Pink Pirouette marker. I sponged some Soft Sky ink to show that it's a blue sky kind of day in my little barnyard.

I bet you know someone who would love to get a card like this in the mail. Around here we seem to receive only junk mail.... day after day.  It's red-letter day when we get real mail and I'm sure you feel the same way.  So stamp up some Easter cards and you'll be ready to brighten someone's day when Easter comes around at the end of the month.

May the weekend bring you relaxation and rest, with a little fun thrown in to renew your spirit!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment