Wednesday, March 16, 2016

A different look at Grateful Bunch

 Hi there, stampin' peeps!

Here we are, back at The Classic Card for another look at the fabulous Grateful Bunch stamp set.  This time, instead of a super-springy card, I've set a whole different mood with this collage style card. 



This card has half of the card front folded back on itself, with the focal panel adhered on the folded-back portion.  The colors I used are Lost Lagoon, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand,
Soft Sky, and Very Vanilla.  I stamped the flowers in Soft Suede on Lost Lagoon card stock.  After punching them out with the Blossom Bunch punch, I painted them with a clear Wink of Stella pen.  I'm sorry that the photo doesn't show the pretty iridescent sheen that Wink of Stella adds.  In addition to the Grateful Bunch stamp set, I also used Timeless Textures which you can find on page 29 of the Occasions catalog.  At first glance, you might think that this is a set you can do without, but if you are a lover of collage-style stamping like I am, you will quickly see that this set is a "must-have."   Here's another look at the card, showing it opened.  




I love how this card turned out and I hope you do too.  To try your hand at collage stamping,  gather some colors that work well together, some assorted images, and just start stamping.  If you don't like the collage you make the first time, get a fresh piece of paper and try it again.  You'll soon fall in love with some of your creations and realize that although collages look difficult, they're really quite easy and fun to create.  Like everything else, creating collages gets easier with practice.

I hope I've been able to inspire you to stamp today!  Even if it's just for a few minutes, stamping can give you a refreshing break from your ordinary routine.  Please come back on Friday for yet another pretty card using Grateful Bunch.
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment