Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Going, going, almost gone!

Hello out there in stamping land!

The week is rolling right along and here we are at Wednesday already.  After today, we are "over the hump" and on the downhill side of the week!  Are you ready for Easter?  Got the baskets?  The candy?  The little toys and treats for the kiddos?  I still need to get my act together!  But before I do that, I want to show you a beautiful card that features some colors that are sadly going away.



Isn't this a lovely card?  Thanks go to Stephanie Perry, one of my amazing downline members who gave me this card in one of our recent swaps.  I'd like to point out that the card base (Lost Lagoon) and the green strips (Mossy Meadow) are two of the retiring In-Colors that will be gone on May 31st.  I love the look of these two colors together and of course look how well they coordinate with the gorgeous Birthday Bouquet designer paper on page 9 of the Occasions catalog.  

Stephanie stamped the rose and "for you" in Basic Black Archival ink on watercolor paper, then added color with her aqua painter and stamp pads.  I love the girly bling she added with the sequins and the Pool Party Glitter Ribbon (#140561, page 9 of the Occasions catalog).  You might think this ribbon would be stiff and difficult to tie, but you'll be pleasantly surprised that it is quite soft, pliable, and very easy to tie.

I cannot stress this enough....if you have the stamp pads in the retiring In-Colors (Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, and Tangelo Twist), then please get the ink refills ordered asap.  They will run out before the end of the annual catalog (May 31st) and then you'll be one sad stamper indeed.  People have been known to buy them up in bulk, then re-sell them on eBay for two or three times what they normally sell for, which is a very reasonable $3.25.  I'd also suggest getting a couple of packages of the assorted card stock in those colors as well.   The assorted card stock packages are on page 137 of the annual catalog and cost a measly $7.  You will get 4 sheets of each of the 5 colors, for a total of 20 sheets per package.  The item # is 133681.  

Thanks for stopping in today.  I'll be back on Friday with another card to inspire you!  
Hugs all around!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment