Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Big Egg for Easter...

Hello again, stampers!

Does it seem like I'm over-doing Easter just a bit?  I'm sorry if you are sick of Easter cards, but I promise that they'll soon come to an end.  At some point, it will be too late to be thinking about making Easter cards.  You'll either have them stamped, or not.  

I saw quite a few cards similar to mine on the internet, so I'm not sure who had the idea first.  I made a few changes, so this one is not exactly like the ones I saw online.  Take a peek at my big egg...



I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have thought of using the curved brushstroke stamp from Work of Art (page 118 of the annual catalog) to create an Easter egg, so I'm very grateful for the creativity and originality of other stampers.  I stamped that brushstroke in Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky, and Wisteria Wonder on a panel of Whisper White card stock.  Then I placed one of the oval framelits over my stamping and ran it through the Big Shot.  Voila!... a pretty Easter egg!  I used the small flower from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack to add flowers in Soft Sky, So Saffron, Wisteria Wonder, and Pink Pirouette.  A tiny pearl accents the center of each flower.   The sentiment is from Circle of Spring ( page 77 of the annual catalog).  Before I added my egg to the card, I embossed the white background with the ever-popular Softly Falling embossing folder.  Can you tell that this is my new favorite??? I think I've used it on just about every card I've made in the last few weeks.  

Are you having a wonderful Wednesday?  I sure hope so!  If things aren't going so well, you can always make your day better by stamping.  It will distract you from your troubles and before you know it, you'll be feeling happier and more relaxed.  As the saying goes "Stamping... it's cheaper than therapy."

I'll see you on Friday for another classic card!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment