Wednesday, March 30, 2016

For Your Sweetest Friend

Hello again!

Sale-a-bration is coming to a close very shortly!  Make sure you've stocked up on adhesives, card stock, and ink refills while you can still get something free.  After Thursday, March 31st, you'll no longer get a freebie with your $50 purchase.  How sad!  I wish Sale-a-bration could go on all year, don't you?  I'm offering free shipping on online orders of $50 or more.  I'll send you a check via snail mail to reimburse you for your shipping charges.

Are you lucky enough to have a friend who would do almost anything for you?  One you could call at 3 am and she'd rush right over to help?  If  you are blessed with such a friend, count yourself as lucky indeed!

The card I'm going to show you today would be perfect to send in appreciation for such a marvelous friend.  I used the Apple of My Eye stamp set that's on page 47 of the Occasions catalog.  I've had the set for quite a while, but somehow I never took it out of the box and inked it up until just the other day when I needed a quick but cute card for my annual Bunco Night.  

By the way, Bunco Night was a big success!  I gave away $150 in hostess dollars that the lucky Bunco winners got to spend.  I also gave away $70 in merchandise to those who didn't win at Bunco.  It was a fun and prize-filled night!

OK... guess it's time to get to the card, isn't it?  




This super-simple card is a snap to put together.  The base is Whisper White, folded so it opens at the top.  The Real Red layer is 5 by 3 3/4 and the black & white DSP, from the Everyday Chic package, is 3 1/2 by 4 3/4.  The tag was punched with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch (page 165 of the annual catalog). I used Old Olive and Real Red to stamp the cherries and the sentiment is stamped in Basic Black Archival ink.  I tied a sweet little bow with some Real Red 1/4 inch Cotton Ribbon and adhered it with a glue dot.  What a quick and easy card!  You could easily turn out a bunch of these in no time.

That's it for today, stampers!
I hope you'll come back on Friday for more stamping inspiration.
Happy Stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment