Monday, March 7, 2016

More Easter...

Hi there, stamping friends! 
Welcome to Monday and another week at The Classic Card!

How was your weekend?  Relaxing and fun, I hope.  I certainly had fun, with stamping events both Saturday and Sunday.  This week I will be meeting with my Coffee and Cards friends on Wednesday at 10:30 at my house in Sherwood.  If you're not working, we'd love to have you join us for coffee, delicious morning snacks and two fun cards/envelopes.  There's room for you at the stamping table! The cost is $10, or the class is free with a $35 purchase.

Today's card is a religious card for Easter.  Up until now we've had bunnies, chicks, lambs, and ducks... all cute and Easter-ish.  Today's card is missing all the "cute," and might be more appropriate to send to an adult friend.  Here it is...



This card uses three different stamp sets:
Blessed by God for the cross (page 24 of the annual catalog)
Kinda Eclectic for the sunburst (page 127 of the annual catalog)
Suite Saying for the sentiment ( page 41 of the Occasions catalog)

I started by stamping the sunburst in So Saffron on a white panel. Next I stamped the cross right over it in Rich Razzleberry.  The sentiment is stamped in Basic Gray Archival ink.  Once I finished stamping, I ran the panel through the Big Shot with the Softly Falling embossing folder (page 9 of the Occasions catalog).  The stamped panel was added to a panel of Rich Razzleberry, which was then adhered to a So Saffron folded card.  A small flower (punched with the flower from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack on page 166 of the annual catalog) and a pearl finish off this pretty card.

I must run now!  I'm off to cut paper for some swap cards I'm making.  I hope your Monday has been a good one so far.  If it's not so good, take a cup of tea and a good book and get back in bed.
Sorry this won't work for you "worker bees!"
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment