Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Celebrate your life!

Hello to my wonderful blog readers!  

How's your Wednesday so far?  Hope you're having a great day and that all is sunny in your world, despite the rain.

Today I've got a fun birthday card for you, but before I show it to you I wanted to share a quote I ran across the other day.  It gave me a little wake-up call and maybe you need to see it too.

"None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself as an afterthought.  Eat the delicious food.  Walk in the sunshine.  Jump in the ocean.  Say the truth that you're carrying in your heart like hidden treasure.  Be silly. Be kind. Be weird.  There's no time for anything else."   Richard Gere

Are you like me and waiting for "someday?"  Someday I'll set the table with the good china and silver.  We'll take that trip someday. Someday I'll _______________  (fill in the blank with whatever you've been putting off).  Why not make "someday" into today?  What are we waiting for?  So I'm encouraging you to take yourself out of the afterthought category and treat yourself like the amazing, spectacular, and fantastic person that you are!  OK... now you're ready to see the card...



Do you have a birthday coming up?  Then really celebrate it!  Don't wait for someday to have a party!  Have a "pull out all the stops" celebration now!

Let me tell you a little bit about this card.  First of all, I used a couple of stamp sets... the new Balloon Celebration set that's in the Occasions catalog, along with the Fabulous Four set from the annual catalog.  I got the idea to attach the balloon strings to the sentiment from Brian King's blog Stamp with Brian.  I stamped the balloons with the outline stamp in the set, then punched them out with the coordinating punch.  The colors are So Saffron, Calypso Coral, and Pool Party.  I used the star stamp from Balloon Celebrations to stamp all of the little stars in the background, then added some sparkle with some stars punched from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper (p. 149 of the annual catalog).  

I hope I've inspired you to do something you've been wanting to do.
Don't put if off!  Treat yourself like the special person you are.  Be kind.  Be silly.  Be weird.   As Richard says "There's no time for anything else."  

Have a great day!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment